Hip Pain Relief in Fort Wayne
At North East Chiropractic Center, there are a number of reasons why patients come to see us. One of the most common has to do with hip pain. Those who suffer from hip pain know just how serious this can be. Hip pain can make it hard for someone to take the stairs, run, and engage in the activities they know and love. This is where a hip pain doctor can help. If you are looking for hip pain treatment, North East Chiropractic Center can help you. Take a look at some of the helpful resources that we have included below.
The Common Causes of Hip Pain: Symptoms
There are a number of reasons why someone might suffer from hip pain. These include:
- Hip Inflammation: Inflammation is the body’s natural response to stress and pain. If you have suffered a hip injury, inflammation is going to result. Inflammation can also damage the bone and cartilage in the hip. This can cause the bones of the hip to rub together, leading to pain.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a common chronic medical condition that attacks the body’s joints. This includes the hip. Those who suffer from osteoarthritis of the hip might notice a reduced range of motion. This can restrict someone’s activities, leading to stiffness.
- Alignment Issues: In order for the hip to work properly, the bones in the hip have to be properly aligned. This means that the pelvis, hip joint, and femur have to work together. If there is an alignment issue, this can lead to hip pain, stiffness, and reduced flexibility, and even hip flexor pain.
- Fractures: Fractures of the hip can take many shapes and forms. Some people might suffer a hip fracture in an acute incident, such as an auto accident. Other people might have a smaller stress fracture of the hip due to osteoporosis. This needs to be addressed immediately by a hip pain doctor.
- Hip Bursitis: Another common cause of hip pain is called bursitis. This is inflammation of the protective sac that encases the hip. This can lead to warmth, swelling, and redness. When the hip is moved, some people complain that it feels like sand is in the hip.
The Diagnosis of Hip Pain
Before the process of hip pain relief in Fort Wayne can begin, the injury or illness has to be diagnosed. When you come to see a hip pain doctor, the first step is to hear about the symptoms. Then, a detailed physical exam is needed. This will help the doctor make sure that nothing is being overlooked.
Finally, the doctor might also take x-rays of the hip from various angles. This can be used to measure the degree of alignment of the hip, look for any signs of joint degradation stemming from arthritis, and diagnose any fractures that might have been missed.
Hip Pain Treatment from a Chiropractor
A chiropractor has numerous tools, treatments, and techniques that can help you recover from hip pain. First, a chiropractor uses manual therapy instead of prescription medications or surgeries. This helps minimize side effects and complications. A chiropractor will use controlled thrusts, which are usually termed adjustments, to make sure the hip is aligned properly.
This will place the body’s muscles, ligaments, bones, and tendons in the best possible position to regenerate and heal properly. Finally, a chiropractor can also round out the treatment plan with massage and physical therapy. The goal is to not only treat the symptoms on the surface but eliminate the root cause of hip pain to prevent the issues from coming back.
Call North East Chiropractic Center for Hip Pain Relief
If you are looking for hip pain relief in Fort Wayne, then you need to trust the team at North East Chiropractic Center. At North East Chiropractic Center, we place the needs of our patients ahead of our own. We provide a free new patient consultation to everyone who comes to see us. We also have same-day appointments available.
During the past seven years, we have become one of the most trusted healthcare providers in Fort Wayne. IN. We would be happy to serve you as well. Call us today at (260) 245-0460 to make an appointment!