Leg Pain Treatment in Fort Wayne
At North East Chiropractic Center, we specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. One of the most common reasons why people come to see us is leg pain. If you are looking for leg pain treatment in Fort Wayne, then rely on a leg pain doctor from our chiropractic center. We work hard to make sure that our patients are up to date on the latest information concerning leg pain. Take a look at a few of the most common causes and treatment options below!
Common Causes & Symptoms of Leg Pain
Some of the most common reasons why you might be experiencing leg pain include:
- Sciatica: This is one of the most common causes of leg pain. The sciatic nerve runs from the back into the legs. It is one of the largest nerves in the body and if it becomes inflamed, compressed, or irritated, this could lead to sciatica. Some of the most common symptoms of sciatica include leg pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness. You might have trouble standing on your toes.
- Achilles Tendinitis: The Achilles tendon is responsible for the flexion strength in your foot. For example, you use your Achilles tendon to step on the gas pedal. If your Achilles tendon becomes inflamed, this is called Achilles tendinitis. This could lead to foot pain, leg pain, and weakness. You might have trouble walking, taking the stairs, or driving a car.
- Knee Bursitis: Knee bursitis can also lead to leg pain. The knee is encapsulated by a liquid-filled sac called a bursa. If this bursa becomes inflamed, this could lead to leg pain. Some of the most common symptoms of knee bursitis include swelling of the knee, pain, redness, and the feeling of sandpaper, stones, or other particles inside the knee. This will make it hard to flex and extend the lower leg.
- Injuries: Of course, injuries are also a common cause of leg pain. Some of the most common injuries that might lead to leg pain include sports (such as basketball, soccer, and football which might lead to sprained ligaments), falls (which could lead to bone fractures), and car accidents (which commonly lead to ankle sprains, PCL sprains, and muscular contusions).
If you have developed any of the symptoms listed above, then you should rely on a leg pain doctor to help you.
Recommended Leg Pain Treatment
At North East Chiropractic, we have several treatment options that we can use to help you recover from leg pain. Some of the most common treatments that we employ include:
- Chiropractic Care: Our first step is to take a look at your entire leg and see if we can diagnose your injury. Then, we will check the alignment of your joints to make sure that nothing needs to be adjusted. We can use manual therapy and manipulations to shift your joints into the proper positions. This will place your body in the proper position to recover.
- Massage Therapy: Once your joints are properly aligned, we can use massage therapy to relax and calm inflamed muscles, tendons, and ligaments. The goal of massage therapy is to break up lactic acid in your body and help your leg relax. This will facilitate the healing process, expediting your recovery.
- Rest and Ice: During this process, we will also encourage you to rest and ice your leg regularly. Your body needs to save its strength to focus on the recovery. Ice can go a long way toward reducing inflammation in your body, preventing further damage.
Our goal is to make sure that your body has everything it needs to recover naturally. Trust us to act as your guide.
For the Best Leg Pain Doctor, Call North East Chiropractic Today to Make an Appointment!
At North East Chiropractic, we provide everyone with access to trained and compassionate leg pain treatment in Fort Wayne. We have been serving the people of Fort Wayne, IN since 2013. We provide same-day appointments and free patient consultations! If you want a treatment plan that has been tailored to meet your unique needs, then give us a call today at (260) 245-0460 to make an appointment with our team!