Joint Pain Treatment in Fort Wayne Provided by N.E. Chiropractic Center
The human body is built for motion, which is why people are able to perform the countless variety of tasks that constitute daily life. When you’re hobbled by acute or chronic joint pain, however, you find that your options have suddenly grown frustratingly limited. Joint pain can spring from many musculoskeletal and neurological conditions and causes, leaving you with knee pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain or other debilitating symptoms.
Fortunately, you don’t have to succumb to your joint pain, nor do you necessarily need major surgery or painkilling drugs to get by. Our chiropractor at North East Chiropractic Center, Adam Osenga, offers non-invasive answers for Fort Wayne joint pain sufferers.
Joint Pain Causes
Any articulated joint in the body can fall prey to conditions that make even the smallest motions painful. That’s partly because joints contain a variety of components — any of which can become compromised by illness, injury, or chronic degeneration. The most extreme examples often occur in high-impact accidents that dislocate one part of the joint from the other. Other acute joint injuries include fractures, strains (damage to the muscles or tendons), and sprains (damage to the ligaments). Acute joint damage that heals incompletely or incorrectly can cause chronic pain that lingers long after the acute phase has passed.
Chronic joint pain is another common problem, afflicting approximately one-third of all Americans. Chronic joint pain is often caused by age-related degeneration of the joint cartilage (osteoarthritis). Uncorrected postural problems can trigger or worsen chronic joint pain. Repetitive motions can cause inflammation of soft tissues in and around the joint, resulting in bursitis or tendinitis. Swollen tissues may even pinch nerves, leaving you with neurological issues.
Where Does It Hurt? Common Joint Pain Locations
The joints you use most frequently may also be the ones most vulnerable to chronic pain. Common examples include:
- Knee pain – Osteoarthritis tends to afflict knee joints which take years of pressure, especially in heavier individuals. Another condition, runner’s knee, occurs due to instability in the kneecap.
- Shoulder pain – The shoulder joint is prone to rotator cuff injuries, or damage to the set of muscles that give the joint its mobility. Poor healing or extended periods of immobility can also cause adhesive capsulitis (“frozen shoulder”).
- Ankle pain – The ankle joint can easily be twisted, producing sprains and strains.
- Hand and wrist pain – Overuse of the hand and wrist joints can cause, not just osteoarthritis, but also a painful impingement of the median nerve known as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Elbow pain – Golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow are both caused by repetitive motion strain that damages the elbow tendons.
Joint Pain Management Options From Our Fort Wayne Chiropractor
If you’re hoping to regain both comfort and functionality in your joints, visit North East Chiropractic Center. Our Fort Wayne chiropractor can evaluate the joints in question, look at your overall physical alignment and balance, and then craft a customized joint pain treatment plan for you. Your options may include:
- Chiropractic care – Extremity adjustments can gently shift joint components so that they can function more easily. Spinal adjustments can straighten your posture, removing abnormal stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Nutrition – We can advise you on nutritional strategies to minimize joint inflammation and promote tissue healing.
- Rehabilitation – We may recommend physical therapy or other rehabilitative strategies to help you increase your range of motion.
Choose NorthEast Chiropractic Center of Fort Wayne
NorthEast Chiropractic Center’s conservative care options for joint pain could keep you out of the operating room and help you avoid the risks associated with painkillers. Make the sensible choice for your joint pain management — call (260) 245-04601 to schedule an initial consultation!