Symptoms We Treat at North East Chiro Center
At North East Chiropractic Center, we have the ability to take care of a wide variety of patient needs and concerns. This includes pain. We are proud to provide care services for both acute and chronic pain. Those who are looking for pain treatment in Fort Wayne from a chiropractor should look no further than us. Take a look below at the wide variety of conditions we treat.
What is the Difference Between Acute and Chronic Pain?
One of the most common conditions we treat at North East Chiropractic Center is pain. There are two broad categories of pain that we can treat. They are acute and chronic. Those who suffer acute pain often have intense pain that shows up for a few minutes, hours, or days before dissipating. This is the type of pain that people feel when they suffer an injury while playing sports, such as a broken bone or a ligament tear.
The other type of pain that we treat is called chronic pain. This is pain that sticks around for days, weeks, months, or even years. Some people who live with chronic pain have been dealing with this condition for decades. At North East Chiropractic Center, we are able to address both types of pain. Take a look at the numerous pain symptoms that we can treat.
The Pain Symptoms We Treat in Fort Wayne
At North East Chiropractic Center, we can treat pain from a variety of locations. These include:
- Back Pain: Back pain is one of the most common types of pain that we treat. Some of the most common causes of back pain include a pinched nerve, paraspinal muscle tenderness, and a herniated disc.
- Neck Pain: We also see neck pain on a regular basis. One of the most common causes of neck pain is whiplash. When someone develops whiplash, this is a sprain of the upper cervical ligaments. This is often seen following a car accident.
- Knee Pain: Knee pain can also occur in an auto accident. This is called a dashboard knee. Some people suffer knee pain while playing sports. Count on a chiropractor to provide knee pain treatment in Fort Wayne.
- Shoulder Pain: Shoulder pain often develops from overuse in sports such as baseball and swimming. Many shoulder pain injuries stem from the rotator cuff.
- Ankle Pain: Ankle pain can show up in many forms. The most common reason why people suffer ankle pain has to do with a sprain. A sprain develops when someone rolls the ankle and stretches the ligaments too far.
- Elbow Pain: Elbow pain can stem from issues related to the UCL (ulnar ligament) or the condyles. Some of the most common sports that lead to elbow injuries include golf, tennis, and baseball.
- Wrist Pain: Wrist pain is often overlooked; however, this can present a serious quality of life issue. One of the most common reasons why people have wrist pain is carpal tunnel syndrome which often develops due to excessive typing.
- Foot Pain: Foot pain can make it hard to walk, take the stairs, and run. Foot pain can develop due to a variety of issues; however, one of the most common is called plantar fasciitis.
- Joint Pain: Joint pain can show up in many forms and is often a subset of many of the types of pain discussed above. One of the most common sources of joint pain that we see is due to arthritis. This leads to the degradation of cartilage between the bones.
- Headaches: Headaches and migraines are common sources of pain. Those who suffer from headaches regularly know that this can make it hard to go to work or school. Count on us to treat your headaches and prevent them from returning
Why Choose North East Chiropractic Center
At North East Chiropractic Center, we place the needs of our patients ahead of our own. We will do everything in our power to make sure that your needs are met.
We provide free patient consultations and same-day appointments to people in the Fort Wayne area. If you would like to make an appointment with our team, then call us today at (260) 245-0460